Monday, August 20, 2012

Finding Inspiration

One thing that I have noticed when it comes to design and my own design habits is that when learning a new aspect of design or practicing a specific discipline it is easy to burn myself out.  The only way that I have learned to combat this is to have a day of rediscovering what I love about games and why I have chosen a career in this industry, just take a day to play something new, something you love, or just something you were looking forward to but for some reason might have not gotten the chance to play.  Today I will be playing Sleeping Dogs, now I am usually not a fan of open world games, the last one I really played consistently was Dead Island but that  period of enjoyment only lasted a couple of days, there are only so many ways you can kill zombies with a machete.  Sleeping Dogs does look to bring something new to the table, and something that lots of gamers have been asking for, decent martial arts combat.


Martial arts combat in games is something that gamers have been wanting to see done since they first got their hands on Jade Empire for the original aspect or for some since they first played the Kung Fu mod for Max Payne on PC and Sleeping Dogs right now at least looks like it is filling that role.  With the release of The Raid:  Redemption one of if not the best martial arts film to be released in the last decade I have been craving quick brutal combat against multiple enemies that ultimately would just make me feel like a bad ass by the time it is all said and done.  I hope Sleeping Dogs provides what I am looking for, give this gameplay trailer a once over and while you are at it do yourself a favor by checking out this trailer for The Raid:  Redemption.  I will be back later on in the day with my hands on impressions from roaming around the streets of Hon Kong putting a beating on thugs. 






No comments:

Post a Comment